Field Service Technician (SE MA & RI)
- Compensation: Negotiable based on relevant experience
- Employment type: Full-time
SSG is currently seeking full time qualified EMERGENCY GENERATOR TECHNICIANS for immediate openings. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to grow and learn in a growing, steady, and secure industry that is always changing and challenging. We will train the appropriate candidate. Technicians are required to have clean driving record, be part of on-call rotation, computer literate, and able to read prints and schematics. We ask that technicians have their own tools both electrical and mechanical, DOT health card and OSHA testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Observe and follow all safety rules/procedures. Applicant should be well versed in basic maintenance safety principles, lockout/tag out procedures, and personal protective equipment usage.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on generators and transfer switches in the field
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
- Complete required paperwork at the completion of each service call including unit make/model/serial/fuel type/test measurements/pictures.
- Applicant must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull/carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or other appropriate devices), climb ladders, work in small crawl spaces, balance, kneel, etc.
- Communicate clearly to customers and office regarding issues found during service calls.
- Respond to emergency service calls (as needed) during normal business hours and after hours.