July 13, 2020
Is your business going green? You may want to check out the generator made for renewable energy, including solar power or other remote applications. The KOHLER 6VSG battery-charging generator efficiently charges battery banks when renewable energy sources can't keep up with demand. If your battery charge drops below a pre-set level, the 6VSG charges it automatically.
- The 6VSG provides consistent power to charge battery banks used with renewable energy, telecom and other remote applications.
- The 6VSG is fueled by clean, affordable natural gas or liquid propane (LPG).
- Remote control.
- Add the Programmable Interface Module and OnCue® Generator Management System to communicate with the 6VSG remotely.
- The generator senses when the battery bank is running low and turns on automatically to keep up with demand.
State-of-the-Art Battery Charging
- TDesigned specifically for efficient charging of battery banks for renewable energy, telecom and other remote applications; provides consistent direct-current output to maintain battery banks directly without inefficient conversions from alternating current
- TCan be used for industrial battery bus support to reduce the size of battery banks
- TGenerator can maintain batteries directly without an expensive converter or monitoring equipment
- TLonger engine life and reduced fuel consumption when compared to fixed speed; variable engine speed (2300-2900 RPM) reduces maintenance requirements and fuel consumption and extends the life of the engine
- T Powered by commercial-grade KOHLER Command PRO® engine
- TAccommodates most systems; compatible with positive- or negative-grounded systems in 24, 36 and 48 volt configurations
- TCompatible with optional OnCue® Generator Management System 3.1 or higher and Programmable Interface Monitor
- Extremely quiet operation with sound at 62 dBA at 50% load
- Steel enclosure with automotive-grade paint for advanced corrosion protection
- Runs on either natural gas or liquid propane (LPG); simple switching between natural gas and LPG in the field
- 5-year, 2000-hour warranty for on-grid applications
- 18-month, 1000-hour warranty for off-grid application
- Optional installed communications kit includes fuel-pressure switch and enclosure intrusion alarm
For more information, contact South Shore Generator in Wareham, MA.
< Go Back to Blog