Where do I start?
One thing to keep in mind: this is not a DIY project. It all begins with a home visit with a residential generator specialist.
They’ll help you choose the perfect size generator, the right fuel source and the best installation locations for your generator and transfer switch.
Most installations take a day or two. And your KOHLER dealer will take care of it all. They’ll coordinate a team of licensed electricians and pipefitters to make sure the job’s done right. Here’s how it works:
Here’s how it works:
- The electrician will install your transfer switch first.
- After that's installed, the team will move your generator in place.
- Electric lines will then be connected from your transfer switch to your generator.
- Once electric is hooked up, your pipefitter will make the proper connections from the fuel source to the generator.
- After electric and fuel is hooked up, your generator is ready to start and protect your business.
How much will it cost?
Installation costs vary significantly from home to home due to the ease/difficulty of installing your fuel source (propane or natural gas). A simple installation can start at $2,000, but costs may be substantially more based on individual situations. We recommend a professional site survey for a more accurate quote. What about permits?
Kick your feet up and rest easy. Your KOHLER dealer will handle all local permits and ordinances so you don’t have to. If you want to schedule a home visit, get a quote or just want to talk to a professional from South Shore Generator.